AOL login is not an easy task sometimes. The AOL mail introduced in 1985, is known for its free email service all over the world. It has come up with several features like an AIM panel, calendar, and un-send mail along with the storage of 1000 new and 4000 old messages.
Discussing AOL login error for authentication
The login procedure for AOL Mail Login is not as smooth as it looks. There are several types of errors that may arise at the time of accessing the mail. One such problem is the authentication error. Here, we will learn to fix it via email. This error takes place when the outdated or older version of the browser is operated or when the user is not having the right access to the account. It may also occur due to incorrect browser settings. Review the steps beneath to resolve this issue.
Resolving the authentication error
To fix the issue it is advised to switch to a newer version of the browser like Google Chrome or Edge. After opting for the newer browser, add AOL to the trusted sites. For this, follow these steps:
- Place a tap on “Tools” and then go to “Internet options”
- Tap on the “Security” option
- Now, beat on “Trusted Sites” followed by “Sites”
- Type https://.aol.com in the “Add this website to the zone” box
- Click on “Add” and then tap on “Ok”
- Restart the browser to check the error
Enable the protected mode
- Hit on “Tools”, then on the “Internet options”
- Tap on the “Security” option, then click on the “Internet” tab
- Go ahead with the “Enable Protected Mode” box along with the “Trusted Sites” option
- Again hit on the “Enable Protected Mode” box and restart the browser
Internet explorer in No-Add mode
1. Tap on “Start” and select the option of “All Programs”
2. Choose “Accessories” and click on “System Tools”
3. From the list, go for “Internet Explorer (No-Add on)”
4. Correct Browser settings
Remember, every browser has a different security setting and this must be adjusted correctly to ensure that authentication error does not occur again.
Troubleshooting the other AOL Login issues can be often resolved by checking the Internet connectivity, verifying the browser settings, or re-checking the login credentials. The device needs to be connected to a strong internet connection else it will end up showing an error the login credentials entered by you should also be correct and must be re-checked once before submitting.