The global black masterbatch market was valued at USD 2,135.9 million in 2021 and is projected to reach USD 3,263.1 million by 2030 at a CAGR of 5.14%.
Black masterbatch is the is a combination of black carbon pigment, incorporated with virgin resin and specific additives in a granular form. These are made of high-carbon black compounds with dispersed in thermoplastic resin. Styrenics, polyolefins, and engineering resins are commonly used for black masterbatch manufacturing process. Black masterbatches are commonly used in polymer processing to incorporate color pigments or additives and antimicrobials into the polymer resin or other liquid. A masterbatch is a concentrated mixture of an additive encapsulated in a carrier material, such as PE or PP.
Get sample copy of report at: https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/sample_request/11036
The black masterbatch has growth potential in the electrical electronics market as the growing consumption of home appliances, wires, cables, and other electronic components increases. Also, varied applications of black masterbatch in the packaging industry, such as packing films, garbage bags, shopping bags, and others, due to growing demand from the food industry, e-commerce and others, might bolster the growth in the black masterbatch market evaluation. The production process of black masterbatches involves mixing carbon black pigment with the carrier resins or polymers through heat treatment and twin-screw extruding. Thus, fumes produced during the melting process can irritate the eyes, skin, and lungs.
The global black masterbatch market is characterized by the presence of many regional and local vendors. The market is highly competitive, with all the players competing to gain maximum market share. The increasing global black masterbatch demand in automotive boosting the sales of global black masterbatch is the key driver of the market. The vendors compete based on cost, product quality, and the availability of the products according to the geographies. The vendors must provide cost-effective and high-quality Global black masterbatch to compete in the market. The competitive scenario is fragmented between the tier-1, tier-2, and tier-3 companies, while tier-1 and tier-2 companies hold over 60% of the global market share.
The growth of the market players is dependent on market and economic conditions, government regulations, and industrial development. Thus, the players should focus on expanding the production capacity to meet the demand and enhance their services. Hubron International, BASF SE, RTP Company, Plastiblends India Limited, Ampacet Corporation, Plastika Kritis S.A., Tosaf Compounds Limited, LyondellBasell, Avient Corporation, Penn color Inc., Cabot Corporation, and Primex Plastics Corporation are the major companies in the market at the present that are competing in terms of quality, price, and availability. These players are primarily focusing on the development of Black masterbatch. Although the international players dominate the market, regional and local players with small market shares also have a moderate presence.
- Standard black masterbatch: Standard black masterbatch is utilized for its conductivity, jetting, UV protection, etc. This masterbatch is preferred because of its high surface areas, which rise with decreasing particle sizes. Injection molding, blow molding, monofilaments, and HDPE pipes use standard black masterbatches.
- Specialty black masterbatch:Specialty black masterbatches like UV masterbatches are composed of a hindered amine light stabilizer that has been properly dispersed in a poly-olefin carrier. When exposed to sunlight, these masterbatches, which are of the highest quality, lengthen the useful life of molded and extruded products. Three grades of UV masterbatch are available: UV-10, UV-20 (preferred for PP application), and food grade.
- Tailor-made black masterbatch: Tailor-made masterbatch includes anti-block masterbatch, antistatic, flame retardant, and heat stabilizer masterbatches. As spark discharge caused by static charges on surfaces can result in major mishaps, plastics processors now frequently utilize antistatic masterbatch, a surface property modifier, to reduce and manage the static charges created on the surface of their products with large surfaces like film and fibers.
By Carrier Resin
- Plastic: As plastic has slowly become more frequently employed in the automotive industry to lower overall weight and production costs, the need for black masterbatch has risen. A combination of plastic materials is created by blending the entire masterbatch with plastic granules and other additions. The combination is then subjected to various processing techniques depending on the shape of the final product. Automotive, electronics and home appliances are just a few market sectors where carbon black masterbatch is used in plastic molding applications. While each segment has specifications, most molding segments are concerned about color strength and surface quality.
- Elastomer/Rubber: Masterbatch carrier resins increase the efficiency of compounding for difficult-to-disperse ingredients. Compared to other masterbatch carrier resins, the increased thermal stability of carrier resins (particularly EVA and EPDM) enables the usage of higher melt temperatures. It can assist prevent sticking in feed hoppers.Others: Others segment includes bars wire rods, flat products plates pipes tubes, and flat products plates.These materials are utilized in fire-extinguishing sprinkler systems, water and air service systems, heating and air conditioning systems, plumbing systems, and tunnels as well as in industrial, commercial, health, educational, and sporting institutions.
- Packaging: Black masterbatch is preferred because of its high surface areas, which rise with decreasing particle sizes. It is frequently used for packaging films. Due to its granular nature, it disperses more evenly on the finished product's surface. Producers can also easily change the loading rate and the recipe to fit their final products.
- Fibers: Many synthetic extruded fibers contain carbon black masterbatch. Polyester, nylon, and polypropylene are a few examples of popular resin systems. The color intensity and an undertone are the desirable carbon black end-use qualities. However, the physical purity of carbon black masterbatch is important in product selection because of the fiber manufacturing process.
- Building Construction: Black masterbatch commonly used in building materials such as the production of PVC profiles, PVC pipes, door indicators, glow signs, and others. black masterbatches are used most frequently in extruded applications such as fencing, tubing, deck railings, pipes, and other items. It contributes to creating a protective coating that prevents chemicals from degrading the surface and enhances impact strength and wear resistance, in addition to giving finished items a pleasant appearance.
- Electronics and Electrical: . An antistatic masterbatch is utilized to lower the electrical resistance on the surface of films and molded items. Additionally, it provides expanded polyethylene (EPE) foams with consistent cell size distribution. It has long-lasting electrical characteristics and covers the surface resistivity range from 1010 to 1013 ohm/sq. It can also be employed in the extrusion process to prevent the static charge.
- Automotive: Engineering compounds incorporate a black color masterbatch to give finished products an attractive look. The compound is a specially formulated substance that satisfies the demands of finished goods. This product can be used externally on bumpers, window sealing profiles, automobile bodywork, tires, bodyside protection strips, and headlamp lenses.
- Chemical/Compounding: Flame Retardant Masterbatch creates barriers resistant to flames, slowing the combustion of plastic. These masterbatches are perfect for usage in all engineering thermoplastics in the chemical sector due to their great temperature endurance.
- Others: Others include recycled black masterbatch and agriculture. In terms of sustainability, using black masterbatch 100 percent recycled has various benefits. Each ton of feedstock used in the recovery process prevents the production of 1.4 tons of CO2 and one ton of oil. The black colorant can be used in several traditional applications such as film, sheets, and molded items while saving 5 to 10% over standard grades.
- North America: North America accounted for the third largest market share in 2021. The North American market has been divided into the US and Canada, it is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 4.87%.
- Europe The European market has been segmented into Germany, Russia, Italy, France, the UK, and the rest of Europe. Europe was the second largest, with a share of 24.7% in 2021, it is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 5.41%.
- Asia Pacific: Asia-Pacific dominated the market with a share of 38.6%, it is expected to register the highest CAGR of 5.66% from 2022 to 2030.
- Latin America: The Latin American market is divided into Brazil, Mexico, and Argentina are the major contributors in the region, it is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 3.16%.
- Middle East Africa: In the Middle East Africa, GCC countries are the leading in the region followed by South Africa, it is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 3.98%.
Speak to analyst: https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/ask_for_schedule_call/11036
Browse More Reports :
About Market Research Future:
At Market Research Future (MRFR), we enable our customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through our Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research Consulting Services. MRFR team have supreme objective to provide the optimum quality market research and intelligence services to our clients. Our market research studies by Components, Application, Logistics and market players for global, regional, and country level market segments, enable our clients to see more, know more, and do more, which help to answer all their most important questions.
Market Research Future®
99 Hudson Street,5Th Floor
New York, New York 10013
United States of America
+1 628 258 0071(US)
+44 2035 002 764(UK)