Everyone produces a lot of plastic waste in our daily life. For example, when you go to the supermarket, you will have a lot of plastic bags. There are many harms of plastic waste. Some people think that it would be very inconvenient to have no plastic bags, but the war of banning and restricting plastics is imminent. Let's take a look at the methods of reducing plastic waste.
Let's take a look at the data below. The world consumes an average of 1 million plastic bags every minute. The total annual plastic consumption in the world is 400 million tons. Currently only 14% of plastic packaging in the world is recycled, and only 10% is eventually recycled effectively. About 8 million tons of plastic waste enter the ocean every year, all of which can circle the earth 420 times.
The hazards of plastic waste:
Every year, more than 100,000 marine animals die from being entangled in or ingesting plastic bags. Their living space is occupied by garbage, and their food is filled with garbage. It is possible that a single piece of garbage will lead to the extinction of marine life. Cranes trapped in man-made plastic waste, marine animals living in garbage dumps, and so on. These plastic bags thrown into the ocean take 200 to 1,000 years to degrade. Plastic landfill occupies a large amount of land, and the soil of the occupied land is polluted and cannot be restored for a long time.
On December 1, 2020, the "Regulations on Prohibiting Disposable Non-degradable Plastic Products in Hainan Special Economic Zone" was officially implemented, which completely banned the production, sale and use of disposable non-degradable plastic film bags and plastic tableware. At present, in many key industries and places in many places like Hainan, some traditional plastics have been "laid off", and substitutes have been "in place", are you ready?
How to reduce the generation of plastic waste?
1. Prepare a reusable shopping bag and bring it with you whenever you go out shopping.
2. Limit the amount of bottled water you drink, it is best to prepare a recyclable water bottle. Data shows that more than 1 million bottles of drinking water are sold every minute around the world. Bottled water is one of the main sources of plastic waste.
3. Abandon the disposable coffee cup and buy a good-looking and practical cup. Disposable coffee cup lids are mostly plastic products.
4. Cut back on chewing gum as they contain plastic and certainly cannot be recycled.
5. Avoid using cleaning products containing plastic microbeads. Plastic microbeads are solid plastic particles with a diameter of less than 5 mm, which are widely used in toothpaste, facial cleanser, shower gel and other cleaning products. Microbeads will pollute the environment and destroy marine ecology.
6. No disposable razors.
7. Replace plastic containers with cardboard boxes.
8. Use airtight jars and fresh-keeping boxes to preserve food, and discard fresh-keeping bags.
9. No plastic straws. If you really need it, choose paper straws, or edible straws made of seaweed.
Want to know more news of plastic waste? Welcome to pay attention to Jiushihao's official website, or contact our staff!